Wednesday, September 14, 2005

At the Seoul Grand Park, the first animals we see are the primates. The conditions are so different from that of the primates in the Singapore Zoo. We are saddened to see them housed in run down concrete "boxes" without windows or other natural features. Food was thrown all over the floor and included onions cabbages and apples. In other cages, the food was mixed with the water into a glop. I fought back tears as we walked around the primate area; there is the dilemma with zoos, they are imprisonment. I know the arguments and I can't take either side, whether there should be zoos are not.

2 Comments:

At 10/01/2005 07:02:00 PM, Blogger coboypb said...

It reminds me of a rubbish dump. Poor animals. I hope the zoo/Seoul has some enlightened people who will do something to improve the welfare of the animals.

 
At 10/05/2005 07:43:00 AM, Blogger JerL said...

Seeing this post saddens me. To think that Seoul has such high living standards, yet the animals in their zoos have such poor living standards. It's a shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home